The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

DAV authentication not saved Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm using a DAV server to synchronise my bookmarks and every 10 minutes or so the authentication dialog for the DAV server keeps popping up:
"This page required a password. Please enter a name and password for realm..."
I enter the credentials and click to remember name and password but the settings don't get remembered. This occurs during normal browsing and not just when I choose to synchronise the bookmarks.
The DAV server uses Digest authentication, I don't know if this might have anything to do with it?
Suggestions appreciated.
Thanks

This isn't specific to OmniWeb. If I login to an area of my server that requires authentication the same thing happens. If you check the Keychain box the values will be saved to the keychain, but they will never be recalled from it. Safari suffers the same behavior. However, Camino does not!

This only happens with HTTP authentication. No idea why or what beyond the Keychain is common to OmniWeb and Safari nor if Camino uses something of it's own. Either way it's totally annoying.

My apologies for raising an older topic, but I have a related issue.

I'm getting the same request for a password every 10 minutes for one of my company's internal sites. I only visited the site once, and have no need to go back to it again. It has an obscenely long and obtuse password.

I stop what I'm doing to go find the password, enter it and, even though I keep OmniWeb open throughout, I get asked for it again 10 minutes later.

I tried clearing the cache (thinking that's what's causing OmniWeb to ask me for that password), to no avail.

This is quite annoying. How do I tell OmniWeb that I have no interest in going to this site again so stop harassing me?

If you have the site bookmarked, it is possible that your preferences are causing it to be checked for changes:

If this is a possibility and you would prefer to keep your global settings, you can change them for individual bookmarks in the Bookmark window. Select the bookmark for that site and Show Info on it (command-I):

Change the setting to something else (e.g. never)

Thanks for the detailed illustrated response. My bookmark preferences are exactly as you suggest, but no success.

What I have found is that the offending bookmark seems to appear in ~/Library/Application Support/Omniweb 5/ServerBookmarks on its own.

With OmniWeb closed, I used Spotlight to search for all occurrences/references to the bookmark and deleted them (usually in cookies.xml and in the directory above).

I then open OmniWeb, and the bookmark appears in the directory again by itself.