The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > AppleScripting Omni Apps
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Change Page Setup params through AppleScript GUI Scripting for OmniGraffle 5 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I have been trying to figure out how to set some of the values of the "Page Setup" window through GUI Scripting in AppleScript in OmniGraffle Professional 5. From what I have been told by OmniGroup Tech Support, there is currently no way to this through the commands available within the OmniGraffle AppleScript Dictionary, so I have been trying to do this with GUI Scripting.

I have written a script that from what I can tell is supposed to work properly as it does open the "Page Setup" window and gets me to the right menus. The problem is that when I try to actually set the value of the pop up button, it just errors out and says the index is invalid. Has anyone done this before or maybe point out an error in my script that I might be overlooking? Thanks.

activate application "OmniGraffle Professional 5"
tell application "System Events"
tell process "OmniGraffle Professional"

tell menu item "Page Setup…" of menu 1 of menu bar item "File" of menu bar 1
click
tell pop up button 3 of sheet 1 of window 1
click
tell menu 1
click menu item "Any Printer"
end tell

end tell

end tell
end tell
end tell

One thing I don't understand... I use OmniGraffle using all units
in centimeters.
I've tried to create new documents using custom settings (eg:
32cmx10.5, no margin) and no matter what I do, the page is never
actually 32x10.5. You can see it with the rules or even visualize it
easily with the grids, but the document is way shorter.
Even the regular A4 format, which is supposedly 21x29.7 is actually
18.4x27.2 accroding to grids and rulers.

So what's wrong ??? What am-I missing ???

Last edited by Turner; 2012-06-19 at 01:37 AM..