The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeatable Projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I seem to remember there is/was an add-on product or package that someone made to create repeatable projects, that may help me. I need to be able to set up a series of tasks to manage client interactions. Basically, when they contact me I need to:
  1. respond to their call or email within a specified time (24 hrs)
  2. schedule an appointment (for new prospects)
  3. meet with the client
  4. follow up with the client to ask any additional questions or provide a proposal
  5. schedule the client for service or kill the lead

I would like to just have to enter the client contact information each time and know OF will keep me up to date with whom I have to contact. Does anyone know how to set this up or what that add-on might have been? If so, I appreciate your help in setting this up.

You're probably thinking of Curt Clifton's Populate Template Placeholders script. That's what I use for such needs.

If you want to keep the client contact info in Address Book... rather than spread through OF and later, OF's non-Spotlight searched Archive... then you can drag the client's AB vCard to the Action or the Project for quick access. But this is only viable if you keep it on one machine. The link between AB & OF will not work on other devices you OF sync to such as iPhone or networked computer, even if you use MobileMe to sync AB.
It would go some way to filling the void on Mac of a lack of a decent PIM if OF could have a robust system of linking AB contacts that could survive sync.