The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > General > Forums Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum feature request Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've learned a lot from these forums, but I have just one question - is there a gallery of the best work anywhere? I'd be so interested in seeing what people are doing with the different programmes, from a design and inspiration perspective. I'm no great shakes, so I'd love to see what those who are can do, 'sanitised' if necessary.

Or am I missing something?

This is something that we all collectively agree that we should spend time on, but we all keep getting distracted by producing the apps themselves. (We're also never really comfortable with being in the position of judging someone else's work...)

Honestly, I think the best way to do something like this would be to pick the app that you use the most and start a thread. Folks have the ability to attach zip files to their posts, so if they zip the document up, attach it, and provide a paragraph or two that explains the document, you're pretty much good to go.

There's a couple of ground rules that would probably need to be established - no discussion of or commentary on other folks' files, no posting of someone else's work without permission, and if you were inspired by or using someone else's resources in some way, you need to give credit.

If you start up a thread like that in one of the application forums, I'll commit to enforcing those ground rules and any other ones the community comes up with as best I can.

With any luck, it'll take root and we'll all end up with something useful. I even have one OmniGraffle and one OmniOutliner file I'd be willing to contribute, as embarrassingly nerd-tastic as they are. :-)

Sound good?

Last edited by Brian; 2008-06-19 at 09:31 PM..