The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

A pervasive problem with Omniweb Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm a big fan of all Omni products, including Omniweb. I suggest that the most valuable improvement that Omni can make to Omniweb is to speed the darn thing up. I find that when I have more than a few tabs open, Omniweb slows to a crawl. There's a multi-second lag when trying to type individual characters into text boxes within a browser window. There's a significant lag when trying to drag-and-drop open tabs in the tab drawer. There's also a long lag when trying to close a tab. As elegant as Omni is, it is, relatively speaking, not a computationally intensive program, and should perform substantially better than it does. I recently compared Omniweb with Safari and Firefox, and Omniweb is profoundly, dramatically, annoyingly slower than both of them. Instead of adding minor features here or there that might have some marginal value to some users in some circumstances, how about overhauling the software to speed it up, which would have great value to all users in all circumstances? BTW, I'm running Omniweb on a dual-processor 2.7 GHZ PowerMac G5 with 4GB of RAM.