The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What's the difference - Sneaky Peek 14 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael
if it helps, xiamenese, it's 8 AM in england when it's midnight in omni-land. How that translates to China, I have NO idea.
15-16 hours difference! Thanks, that means it's 3 pm in China in summer, 4 pm in winter, on the presumption that Omni-land has daylight saving ... China doesn't! And everything is on Beijing time, and while that doesn't matter in Xiamen, it must make life fairly hellish for government officials in Urumchi or further west in Xinjiang Province ... they are so far west they must be about 3 hours behind in terms of the sun!
Quote:
It takes some time for us to go through all the steps to get a SP up and going, so if you don't see some notes, give troy another 15 minutes or so, 'cuz he's probably mirroring the download or doing a little dance or some such. <snip>
Yeah, I know ... I was just amused that I must have picked up 14 right at the moment of its uploading, so soon after 13, and well, with all the potential superstitions, 13, on 666 and all that ... :cool:
Quote:
That said, 14 is 'just' a crash fix that we introduced in 13, and caught quickly. We thought we'd save you guys some crashes & just get it out there, so you can play with the snazzy new HTTP header logging!
happy browsing!
Sure was a crash fix for me ... fixes it in reeeaaalll well! :D Crashes at the drop of a hat, which 12 never did! I've sent in my 3rd crash report in 3 short visits to dpreview ...
Looking at the recent posts here, I already have the "Request pages in preferred language" set. I'll move my preferences file and start a new one ... see if that helps! Don't worry, I'll send you all the crash reports ;)

Mark

That did allow my usual sites to load and 14 seems much more stable with that preference set. Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiamenese
Looking at the recent posts here, I already have the "Request pages in preferred language" set. I'll move my preferences file and start a new one ... see if that helps! Don't worry, I'll send you all the crash reports ;)
Interestingly, "Request pages in preferred language" wasn't working for me in SP12 (in which it was supposedly first implemented), but it's now working with SP15.