The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fastest way to revert to normal text? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a template for an outline - it's a form actually - in which the second-levels are headings in bold red italics. When I want to add text after those headings - filling in the form, as it were - I want the new text to be regular black. No color, no italics. The problem, of course, is that when I start typing, the text comes in bold red italics.

Is there a simple way to get this text to come in as black, normal? Is there a way to assign normal black text to a simple keystroke combination (the way Command-I gives me Italic, and Command-U, underlined?)

When you say you want to add text after the headings, are these level 3 rows?

Styles will only carry on to a new level when they are local styles, ie, you apply red text to just the current row you're on. If you've set up your 'All level 2 rows' style and that's all your using, then nothing should be carried over when you make a level 3 row under it.

If you have local styles, then when you indent, the first thing you want to do is clear them, you can do this with just the keyboard by pushing esc to get out of text edit mode and then pushing control-cmd-delete to remove local styles.

No - sorry for not being more specific. I want to add text to the same row, but in normal text. So, for instance, the row could begin with the word "Name:" in red, bold italics ... I'd like to fill in the name in black, normal text immediately following it.

I'm able to do that now by entering the name, then highlighting it and hitting Cmd-I, Cmd-B, and then showing Font colors and selecting Black. But I was hoping there'd be some easy way (as, I hesitate to add, there was in Windows: Control-N for normal) to revert to normal (i.e., black, no italics) text for the rest of the line.

Ah, you're using OO3 Pro right? What I would recommend doing is setting up a named style for which ever format is used the least. Either normal text style, or the red heading style. Then when make a row, you can use the function key shortcut to apply that style to the row and overwrite the level 2 style.

That totally worked. Thanks.

/rb