The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forecast View (from iPad) for Mac version. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I am really enjoying using OF on the iPad. Once I get OO, I am thinking I could take a lot less my notebook when I travel. In any case, I have fallen in love with the 'forecast view' and was wondering if there are any plans to incorporate in the Mac version.

Thanks so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinchohs View Post
Hi, I am really enjoying using OF on the iPad. Once I get OO, I am thinking I could take a lot less my notebook when I travel. In any case, I have fallen in love with the 'forecast view' and was wondering if there are any plans to incorporate in the Mac version.

Thanks so much.
Let me add... I had not use until today the Review View. I love it as well on the iPad. I would love to see more of this design elements into the mac version.

Could you post some screenshots for use loosers without an iPad? Would be helpful to see what excately you mean.

This has been requested in several other threads as well and on first sight I too have to say I hope the mac version will look a bit more like the iPad version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinchohs View Post
Let me add... I had not use until today the Review View. I love it as well on the iPad. I would love to see more of this design elements into the mac version.
I would bet they are working on implementing that into the 2.0 release (which I've been looking forward to for a while now). I set up a simple perspective that I've been using for over a year that organizes actions by grouping them by "Due today", "Due tomorrow", "Due within the next week", etc. It's not nearly as organized and visually appealing as it looks on my iPad, but it's been holding me over until v2.0.

It's a context view with Context and No Context selected, with the following parameters:
Context Filter=Remaining
Grouping=Due
Sorting=Due
Status Filter=Due Soon
Any Duration=Estimated Time Filter
Flag Filter=Any Flag State

Just make sure your Due Soon tasks are set in your preferences as being longer than a few days to display more actions.

Thanks Sefbro. I have one perspective as well, but I find the view they created VERY elegant and effective.

FataError, I have not had the time to look at a tool to screen capture the ipad. If I do I will post.

Just like on the iPhone, hold down the button at the top and push the home button. Instant screen capture saved to your photo library.

Please please please if this is done on the Mac, make it possible to either hide it altogether or to switch the Forecast view to show start dates instead of due dates for those of us that don't use the latter!

I know this thread is old, but I was hoping to see if the forecast feature will ever be added to the desktop version. I love it alot on the Mac, but also would like to see it on the Mac version!

Is a forecast view available on the Mac version yet?

Nope, not yet.