The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to deal with energy level & priority Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm pleased with OmniFocus. It seems to work well, esp. for a 1.0 release, which is what I'm using. But I notice that a couple of things seem to be missing.

In GTD, we have the 4-criterial model for choosing actions in the moment:

1) Context
2) Time Available
3) Energy Level
4) Priority

OmniFocus has taken care of 1 & 2 well (setting aside the debate over multiple contexts). But to cover 3 & 4, there's only one additional tag we can set for a particular action: the FLAG state—and that's only a boolean indicator, so for those who like to arrange in high, medium, or low, they're out of luck. When I'm in a low energy state, I, for one, will not mentally process each of my next actions to see which ones are low energy... it's just too much mental energy.

So I have 2 questions:

1) Is Omni planning on implementing Energy Level and Priority tags into a future release?

2) In the mean time, what are some ideas for shoehorning these last two criteria into my OmniFocus GTD system?