The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omni Focus as a Journal Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
I have looked for this, but haven't found an answer here.
Is there a way to use Focus as a journal? This is a variation on the question that someone else asked about how to view recently completed items. While I was able to get that to work, my question is slightly different.

I would like to be able to generate a text file (or even a view) that lists completed items by date. I don't want this list to update. I just want a listing of each day with a list of what was done on that day.

Is this possible?
Thanks,
Dan

Bump.
Anyone?
As of now, I can only get Focus to list completed tasks as done Today, Yesterday or Last week, etc.
I would like to see it listed by date. Is there a way to do this, or can it be added as a feature?
Ideally, I would like to have a daily text file listing what I have completed so that I could annotate it with some details.
Thanks,
Dan

You could export your database, and process it in any number of ways.

I think this would be an extremely useful feature.

Although the focus of the product is to get things done, I find it extremely helpful to track what was done each day. I see no reason to keep a separate journal if the information is already there.

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yucca View Post
You could export your database, and process it in any number of ways.
To expand on Yucca's useful tip: use the CSV export, then open up in Excel, Numbers, or any other spreadsheet/database program that can handle CSV-formatted data. You can then sort, filter, and annotate to your heart's content.

That sounds worth a try.

I still hope that they add a filter that makes it possible to view completed tasks by date, not just by "Today", "Yesterday" and "Last Week".

Thanks,
Dan