The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mail integration Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have recently purchased the iPhone version and am using the alpha desktop without any significant problems. However, I have been wondering about Mail integration since I have seen forum threads referring to the great integration.

I am familiar with the sending of tasks via email, but I would like to have a simple method of transferring emails into OF rather than simply linking a task to a message (which I imagine is dependent on retaining messages in Mail, something I seldom do).

I also use DevonThink Pro for document archival and reference and there is a neat menu option in Mail "Add to DevonThink Pro Office". Pressing this button, or using the keyboard shortcut, creates a copy of the entire email in the application.

Maybe all this exists with OF, so forgive me if I'm shooting from the hip, but I would like some clarification.

The Clip-O-Tron 3000 (see OF's Mail preferences) lets you create an OF action for a selected Mail message. The action includes a link back to the message, but it also includes the full text of the message. If I'm understanding you correctly, that should do what you're looking for.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
The Clip-O-Tron 3000 (see OF's Mail preferences) lets you create an OF action for a selected Mail message. The action includes a link back to the message, but it also includes the full text of the message. If I'm understanding you correctly, that should do what you're looking for.
Thanks, Curt. The Clip-O-Tron 3000 sounds like a very nice 1930s two-tone roadster. I've given it a quick spin and it does what you say; I will see how I get on.