The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Send an action from Alfred.app to OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by byamabe View Post
I found two non-optimal solutions which involve adding lines after "tell application":
activate

Problem with this is that OmniFocus will always be brought to the front.

launch
delay 1
Thanks for the suggestions. On my machine, (1) didn't change the behavior. I suspect OF does some things at first launch that render it incapable of properly handling the script. If I launch OF, quit it, and then run the original script, it works fine. Only on a "cold" launch does it crash. It's hard to believe caching could make the difference. I suspect it's some process (sync to the OF sync server?) that is different with the "cold" versus "warm" launch.

I was able to play around with a combination of "activate" and "delay" that seems to work better. Testing is a pain, cause you have to wait a while (or reboot) to recreate the "cold" launch.