The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

List of free webDAV sync providers Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all!
My first post ever, just wanted to flag for MyDisk WebDAV which is a great solution for me, having the Omni Focus installed on my two laptops and on the iPhone. It works just flawlessly and besides 2GB free space it gives you a subdomain option for whatever you want to host, a homepage, webgallery etc.
Great support as well.

Hi Homesick,
According to the site of mydisk.se you can test one month for free. If I understand it correctly, after the first month the minimum annual fee is $5. Still not a lot, but perhaps valuable info for the "Freddy Freeloaders" among us... :x)
I like the hosting features they include!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPicard View Post
I am going to evaluate MyDrive.ch, I just started using that and it works like a breeze..
Thanks for the pointer and the instructions CaptPicard. I confirm that MyDrive.ch works well for OmniFocus sync and the 2Gig is a plus. I have been using MobileMe and MyDrive.ch seems just as "quick".

I also tried SwissDisk but was concerned about the 50meg limit for the free account. The speeds seemed similar, MyDrive possibly having an edge.

MyDrive.ch - recommended.

Steve

Been using BingoDisk without problem over past 2+ years, but got notice today they'll be migrating accounts to Strongspace - more storage included but the price is going from $20/yr to $3.99/month. :mad:

Think I'll be shifting to MyDrive for free

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfowlersf View Post
Been using BingoDisk without problem over past 2+ years, but got notice today they'll be migrating accounts to Strongspace - more storage included but the price is going from $20/yr to $3.99/month

Think I'll be shifting to MyDrive for free
UPDATE: Strongspace is moving away from WebDAV support it seems - here's the comparison from the Strongspace site:

Joyent's Bingodisk service is being merged into Strongspace and there are a few major differences to keep in mind.

*Strongspace supports SFTP instead of WebDAV. You can log in and access your files using any SFTP client such as WinSCP, Transmit, Filezilla, Cyberduck and many many more!

*Strongspace supports Rsync to let you easily backup data to Strongspace.

*Strongspace comes with a free copy of the ExpanDrive SFTP client to mount your Strongspace account just like a USB drive. This is much faster and more stable than doing so with WebDAV. Install the latest version of ExpanDrive, connect to your Strongspace account and you will be automatically licensed.

Try www.drivehq.com. We support both WebDAV and FTP.

visit:
http://www.drivehq.com/mapdrive/ and
http://www.drivehq.com/ftp/ for more info.

www.DriveHQ.com is one of the first few companies offering cloud storage, Cloud IT and cloud server hosting services. It is now offering the version 5.0 service. For more info, please visit: http://www.drivehq.com/. DriveHQ basic service is free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPicard View Post
I am going to evaluate MyDrive.ch, I just started using that and it works like a breeze. It all feels a bit slow at first glance, but I do not have any reference, and for the OmniFocus app it probably should be just right. And hey... it is totally free up to 2GB !! :D
Just tried this and it's not looking good. I could do an initial sync with the sync file deposited, but then re-syncs would fail consistently with the error message "Unable to read document.

Unrecognizable transaction file name “[some file name].zip”."

Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky2010 View Post
Try www.drivehq.com. We support both WebDAV and FTP.
Just tried your free service and I encountered the same problem as the post above using Omnifocus v1.8. Able to make the initial sync and file creation then wasn't able to re-sync due to inability to read the sync file.

Ok, SwissDisk.com's service worked for me. No ideas why mydrive.ch and drivehq.com couldn't work. Sounds like some form of dark art. :confused:

Guys, thanks for the comments on Swissdisk.com! Fantastic service!! Worked in less than 5 minutes- painless! Thank you!