The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

DueSoon.ics updated via desktop omnifocus? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've subscribed to the calendar in iPhone via the omnifocus iphone app.

At present (I may be mistaken), it seems that DueSoon.ics is only updated when synced with the iphone app. Will there be a future update to the desktop app that changes the DueSoon.ics file? I ask as I do more editing of omnifocus on the desktop, in fact have a comp running it throughout the day so this would seem logical to update the cal file automatically rather than having to open the iphone app and sync to import changes into the DueSoon.ics

On a side note - does the subscribed calendar update in the background on iphone, or only update when opening the calendar application (initiating a refresh I guess)

I'm enjoying the sync features of the new app, just some queries really.

Yes, at the moment DueSoon.ics is only updated by the iPhone app—but we plan to start updating it from the desktop as well in OmniFocus 1.7 for Mac.

Excellent, thanks for the speedy response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Yes, at the moment DueSoon.ics is only updated by the iPhone app—but we plan to start updating it from the desktop as well in OmniFocus 1.7 for Mac.
I'm currently running 1.7.1 and I do not see this file getting updated unless I sync with my phone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

They didn't have time to put it into 1.7 or 1.7.1, it's going to be in a follow-on.

Quote:
I'm currently running 1.7.1 and I do not see this file getting updated unless I sync with my phone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
+1 but for me it seems the issue is not the "non" synchronisation but fact that Duesoon.ics is no longer actualized

I'm on version 1.7.3 and still don't see the option to update the DueSoon.ics calendar

It still hasn't been shipped yet.