The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slow OmniFocus performance on PowerPC? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm having similar problems. Watching on the activity monitor, I see the CPU for OmniFocus jump up to about 50% when I'm typing, even in the Name field, where less magic is going on than with, say, the Context or Date field. The Inbox view is absolutely hellish--I normally enter data from Quick Entry, which is fine, but when I tried using the Inbox, it was unusable.

Omnifocus is slow for me, and has been for a couple of months, I suppose. The text appears on screen much more slowly than my typing speed.

I've tried the obvious things, like archiving old tasks and rebuilding the database, but to no avail.

I suppose I'll try Sampling and sending in some data to a Support Ninja.

If you do email the ninjas, please include info on how many items are in the inbox - the one thing we're aware of and able to reproduce is related to the number of actions in that location. If you're seeing the problem with an empty inbox, you've got something else going on.

Thanks, Brian,

I started using the Inbox last week--before that, I would type a full project and context for each item in the quick entry panel, but that's not orthodox GTD. I'd been having problems before that, too. At any rate, it looks like I have two problems, then, one with the inbox, and another one that's more vague.