The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

No license available Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
And another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palbion
I had the same problem but I have a quick fix that appears to be working.

I quit other applications to avoid confusing things, set the system clock back by 24 h, started OmniFocus without incident, set the system clock back to correct time and still no problem with OF.

If OF checks for a licence only on launch (reasonable approach) then if you can launch it 'before the licence expired' it may be possible to keep it going until the ninjas can get it sorted.
Just throwing in another "me too" but also thanks Palbion for the quick fix - it does seem to work. Oddly, my expiration is set for 6/14 as it is for others, but setting the clock back by 24 hours (to 6/16) still did the trick.

During the down time, I was reminded of the feeling I had back in high school when I had a major project to do but accidentally left my books at school ...

I am having a different license issue. My message states "This application is not licensed or too many users are using the application."

It was working fine for weeks and I am up on the very latest version. This just started happening this morning. June 17th.

Not sure how to fix this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelklouda
I am having a different license issue. My message states "This application is not licensed or too many users are using the application."

It was working fine for weeks and I am up on the very latest version. This just started happening this morning. June 17th.

Not sure how to fix this one.
UPDATE - tried setting the clock back 1 day and restarting OF and it worked fine. Not sure what will happen as I use it today, but we will see. Hopefully a fix will be out soon! Love this software, even though I still have a lot to figure out with it.

Hi,

I deleted the license file as instructed, and of course now things don't work.

When I try the time hack, it is now asking me to put in new license info, which we don't have.

Does the time hack only work if you haven't deleted the old license file?

st

Quote:
Originally Posted by strum
Hi,

I deleted the license file as instructed, and of course now things don't work.

When I try the time hack, it is now asking me to put in new license info, which we don't have.

Does the time hack only work if you haven't deleted the old license file?

st
I had posted about this a bit earlier, so you might care to read the entire thread.

In short... re-install OF and then do the date trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smew
I had posted about this a bit earlier, so you might care to read the entire thread.

In short... re-install OF and then do the date trick.
I did the date trick, opened OF and, since all was fine, I reset the system date. I needed to reboot (NOT related to OF), and relaunched OF. My license had expired again. So, I reset the date to 6/13, launched OF, and all was good - almost: I found a number of my projects were now randomly checked as done.

Okay, so that's not a deal-breaker, but here's where I'm at: I have to keep OF open from here on out (or until a fix), unless I want to continually futz around with the date.

In the meantime, any AS or Automator fans want to take a stab at simplifying this? I personally know enough AS to know I'd lose the morning for what's probably a 5-minute programming challenge.

Thanks

Same here :( -- I followed the instructions to remove the license file and restart omnifocus, but that didn't help :(

Anyone got this working again after removing the license?

PS: Changing system date/time isn't exactly am option if you use due dates and sync with ical.

Sorry for the delay, I'm fixing this right now.