The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Filling in forms? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I switched from Safari to OmniWeb several months ago and am generally quite pleased with it. One thing I miss though (unless I don't understand how this is supposed to work in OmniWeb) is how Safari handles filling in forms. With Safari, I would just hit Tab after filling in the first field in the form, and Safari would automatically fill in the rest of the form. Occasionally, Safari would get a field wrong, but most of the time it did great.
With OmniWeb, though, it seems that I need to tab individually from field to field and manually select the value I want from the drop down menu of choices. Or is there another way to do this that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,

Steve :confused:

In theory you should be able to use the Autofill form option (from the View menu, or by placing the button for it in the toolbar) which will use your Address Book data and/or data saved from entering forms (see Preferences>Autofill preferences). However, sadly, I have never been able to get this to work successfully in any version of OmniWeb 5 (or since version 4.0.x for that matter) :(

I've been able to get it to work, but not work well. For some reason, if you autofill the form and the form has JS validation, the JS will think nothing has been filled in.

I can confirm that this feature doesn't work - I have asked many times for this to be fixed, but it seems as if the Omnigroup is happy with this 'partial functionality'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kga1978
I can confirm that this feature doesn't work - I have asked many times for this to be fixed, but it seems as if the Omnigroup is happy with this 'partial functionality'.
Yes, "partial functionality" is what it is, and it's a bit disappointing. It's the one thing that might drive me back to Safari.

Take care,

Steve