The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Image map into Rapidweaver? How? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm an amateur web designer and I've used O'G' to make a sitemap and wish to export it for use in a web design program called Rapidweaver (very highly recomended, btw)..

more specifically I'm trying to put this map into a "blocks" page which allows you to create drag and otherwise modify html code, image or text blocks around to get everything just so.. with me so far?

I get that O'G' will give me two files: the image and the code, the question is what do I do with them? I'm posting over at their forums too, I just wanted the folks here to get the first at-bat

Could you be a bit more explicit about what it is you want? Do you just want an image of the site map available, or something else?

Thanks JK'

As it turns out it was fairly easy to do, even for someone as codeaphobic as me: O'G' saves the graph of my website with it's various pages displayed as graphical objects each with an associated action (open url)

..The two files OG makes- the html text and the png of the graph get uploaded via Rapidweaver's almost idiot-proof tools, the png as a "page asset", and the code as a slightly updated bit of html in a "block" on my main help page. All I had to do was find where r'weaver had put the png online and type that address into the corresponding portion of the html bit, and upon the next upload SUCCESS!

Next question though
. Is there any way within OG to add some hover text as an additional action? For instance, a certain page in addition to it's url link could have this text display: "Flow: this webpage is about my weird fascination with flow-charts and the program that brings them to life"

thanks again

Do you mean the alt text? If so, that is something you would have to add in Rapidweaver.

'Fraid of that. Thanks anyway