The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I love OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Here are some of my favorite things:

1. Ability to search! Great for when I need to see if I already have something added or to find something quickly.

2. Keyboard support!
Using the tab is extremely fast. Entering the dates is mind numbing easy.
Still some improvements needed, but the core is there.
Hitting enter to create new tasks/projects.

3. Crossing out tasks when I have completed them!
Gives me a sense of satisfaction when completing.

4. Clean Up!
Allows me to wipe the slate clean.

5. Numbers to show me what is coming up and what is due.
Keeps me on target and motivated.

6. Filter bar!
Allows me the flexibility of slicing and dicing for my needs at the moment.

7. Focus!
Allows me to gear down and focus on one thing, or on a folder such as work or home.

8. Emailing items to my OF inbox!
Great way for me to get things out of my head & add items when I am out and about and have a brainstorm.

9. Mail clippings.
Allows me to capture actions from email and move them to OF!

The list goes on and on...

10. Having a Review option.
Allows me to set different review times and makes reviewing fun. Moves reviewed items away from my today focus, this helps if I get interrupted.

Last edited by SpiralOcean; 2007-11-25 at 09:21 AM..

11. Pending & On Hold Project designation
gets projects that are someday/maybe out of my way. I can also use the review feature on those someday/maybe projects when doing my weekly review.

In other systems I would create another project called someday maybe, and move projects to that project so they would be subprojects. whew

12. Ability to view completed projects by date!
I've never had this before. It's extremely satisfying to view my completed projects to see what I have completed! Especially with the date groupings of last week, last month, last 6 months.

13. Underlying Database format!
For all the actions I have in OF, it is still quite speedy.

14. Quick Entry Box!
Finally... I can push actions out of my brain & directly into my inbox without having to develop a forth party solution!

15. Projects are searched for within an action!
This is huge. With a couple keystrokes I can search to see if a project exists for my action! The search algorithm is incredible! Example: If I have a project called Test Omni Focus. I type in tof and the project is selected!

Not to mention if the project doesn't exist I can create the project from within the action!

#0: I can plan my projects as sequential steps, but then group everything by context when it's time to "get things done".

(Yeah, kinda obvious, but hey, that's my favorite part of OF).

+1 Perspectives (on the toolbar with custom icons, to boot).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean View Post
12. Ability to view completed projects by date!
I've never had this before. It's extremely satisfying to view my completed projects to see what I have completed! Especially with the date groupings of last week, last month, last 6 months.
Just curious: what view bar settings do you use to see this. Sounds nice.

Also, how do people typically mark a project as completed? I find that I often have empty projects (actually projects full of completed actions) that hang around until I mark them as completed in the Inspector. But that seems a little clunky, not as satisfying as checking them off.