The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Text in all italics below a certain level Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
To me, the great strength of OmniFocus over other GTD apps is the hierarchical outline, and the ability to break down tasks into sub-tasks.

Unfortunately, it seems that all of the text below the second level of a project, except for the next action, is rendered in italics for some reason.

This means that for those of us who use sub-tasks extensively, the majority of the text we must read is displayed in italics; which any graphic designer or information designer worth their salt will tell you should only be used sparingly and for emphasis.

Is this:

A. a bug?
B. actually someone's horribly mistaken impression of a Good Thing?
C. evidence of an as yet unimplemented font selection feature, that will hopefully be in place for the final release?

Once, I tried to italicize the name of book in one of my actions, and it worked at first, then suddenly everything at the same level was italicized.. maybe this happened to you?

Try selecting some italicized text, then hit command-I (or select Format, Font, Italic from the menu bar), then click on something else.. does that fix it?

I'm guessing styles are something that are still being worked out in the program.

Wow. That did it. Wouldn't have expected it. Thanks.

It may come under the heading of "a feature not a bug" in that selecting an entire item (as though you were going to move it), rather than selecting the text itself, and hitting Command-I, toggles the italics for all elements at that level, not just the selected item, actually a cool feature.

It may be that the real missing item here is just the manual.

It isn't all items at that level, it's all items of that status. By default blocked actions that aren't overdue or due soon appear in gray, bold, italics.

Curt