The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exporting to ical issues Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It seems that even with 'project granularity' set to 'Daily Schedule, with no time specifics on each task, the export to ical function still sets start times of 8am, meaning that an ical import lists task as individual day entries, rather than showing as an 'all day event' or events spread across several days.

Which all seems to render the export to ical feature as pretty useless, unless I'm missing something - which is entirely possible of course.

Any help, much appreciated

Many thanks

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidFox View Post
It seems that even with 'project granularity' set to 'Daily Schedule, with no time specifics on each task, the export to ical function still sets start times of 8am, meaning that an ical import lists task as individual day entries, rather than showing as an 'all day event' or events spread across several days.

Which all seems to render the export to ical feature as pretty useless, unless I'm missing something - which is entirely possible of course.

Any help, much appreciated

Many thanks

David
All-day exports to iCal is something we're considering for version 2.0. I'll add a vote to the request in our database for you.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwong View Post
All-day exports to iCal is something we're considering for version 2.0. I'll add a vote to the request in our database for you.

Thanks!
Please add 50 votes on my behalf (I am stuffing the ballot box). This is a MUST HAVE feature! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhuff View Post
Please add 50 votes on my behalf (I am stuffing the ballot box). This is a MUST HAVE feature! :-)
Will do. Stuffing the ballot box with one BIG vote for you. ;-)

I'll add my 50 votes to that as well. Completely agree that this absolutely essential - and the one major downfall of OmniPlan at present. Getting VERY bored of manually making exported plan events in iCal into all day events so I can actually use a calendar view of a plan in a practical way.

Then again ... a full two way sync with iCal (like wot Merlin does) would be LOVELY too!!

I'll add my 500.000.000 votes to that as well. :-)

Well I'm using Omniplan, iCal, and the iPhone. It could be so "beautiful" to see the Project-Tasks inside iCal and the iPhone - as a daily schedule .... with automatic sync, if the time-sheet of a project would changed.

Although Omniplan is a great application!!!

Adding votes for you two. We have a feature request open for iCal integration as well.

please add my vote too!

Thanks a million (can I have that many votes too?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mims View Post
please add my vote too!

Thanks a million (can I have that many votes too?)
Not a million, sorry. One vote added for you. :-)

Yes, please do add this feature.

Please, please, please, please, please.

Please.

:)