The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rendering of complex pages in the background Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm using OmniWeb with lots of tabs (40+) distributed over several workspaces. My machine has plenty of memory, so there's no swapping involved.

Now when I open a complex page in the background it seems like rendering is not performed in a completely detached thread, i.e. for a while there's a "wait"-mouse pointer, and the application will not react to anything I do until rendering has finished. This really puzzles me as from what I had seen so far OmniWeb seems to have been built with all the goodies OSX has to offer. Maybe this is just a bug and not a design issue?