The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What is the difference between these objects? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a problem with two basic rectangular objects which behave differently but I can't figure out why. As far as I can tell all settings are identical.

If you have a look at the attached files, you can see two rectangles containing some text. When I click on either object (so that the text area is highlighted) the sizes of the text areas are different. While object 2 behaves as you would expect from the style settings, the margins of object 1 are too big.
Furthermore, if you change the size of the rectangles, the margins of object 1 don't stay the same but change proportionally.

Does anyone have an idea what is going on here? What is the difference between these two objects?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	obj1.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	595   Click image for larger version

Name:	obj2.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	596  
Attached Files
File Type: zip objects.graffle.zip (37.5 KB, 522 views)

Nevermind, I just figured out that this was made with the professional version of OmniGraffle. I was using the standard edition where this feature is not available.
Just upgraded, so everything is fine now.

Edit: Damn, I should really learn to refresh posts before replying ;) I'll leave my comments up as they show others how this can occur.

Hi, when I look at the file in OmniGraffle 5 Pro, the reason is that the offsets are different with object 1 settings as in the picture below and object 2 settings at 100% (the Use default offsets is checked):

That would explain why it is occurring but from your screenshots it appears that you are using version 4 of OmniGraffle so I don't know how you would have made these settings yourself? Is it from a file sent to you by another user?