The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anyone getting "Databases not compatible" messages? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am synching my iPhone 4 with OmniFocus on my MacBook using MobileMe. Every now and then, I get an alert when I open OF on my iPhone asking me if I want to keep my server database or my device database. I choose server database because I think the system is referencing the database on my MacBook and that's my primary database. Am I doing something wrong or does this alert happen to everyone?

I get the same message every now and then, too. Don't know what's causing it, but I think the 'server' db refers to the information stored on iDisk in MobileMe, which may or may not be holding the latest info.

I stopped getting the message. But I switched my sync method to OmniServer.

Sorry for the confusion this is/was causing! We've gotten occasional reports of this happening to folks in the last month or so. I got it to happen to me, as well, but only once.

The one time I did get it to happen, I had switched from OmniFocus to the iPod app on my phone mid-sync; the next time my Mac synced, it popped up this message. Couldn't get it to happen again, though. :-/

I captured the phone, mac, and server databases when this happened; from looking at them and the ones that customers have been willing to send in, most of the databases aren't actually incompatible when the alert comes up. (One person that contacted us did have incompatible databases, so the message was appropriate in that case.)

While we look into this, it would be helpful if folks (especially folks that have it happen repeatedly) contact the support ninjas and let them know. That'll help us gather info and eventually solve the mystery.

(If you get the message and you aren't sure which version of your database has the most recent info, contact us and we can help there, too.)