The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sample Outlines - More More More! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The other day I wanted to get a grocery store list going in OO3 Pro. I thought surely a template must already exist somewhere - something that would have sections for "MEATS", "PRODUCE", "JUICES" etc., and maybe even a fancy background color as well.

I checked in OO3's "New From Template". Nada. I checked in this here OmniOutliner General forum. Nada. I checked in the 'Sample Documents' package from the Extras page. Nothing in there. And my feeble googling proved fruitless. Surely a creative graphics design type has already created such a beast?! But where to find?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboknee
Anyone know where I can get a good recipe template? My wife would like something to get her cooking recipes down and Outliner seems like the perfect tool for that.
Thanks,
Z
So I would like to know of a place where many a sample outline can be found...Or, if there is no such repository, maybe we can dedicate a thread (sub-forum?) in this place; where better for OO users to pool their efforts.

We'd be more than happy to post any templates you have made on our OO's extras page.

..sooner or later I'm going to have one made; if it isn't lame, I'll submit it here.

Question on templates: My OO3 has four templates (book draft, budget, class notes, to-do list) in File > New from Template, but they are all in a foreign language - is it supposed to be that way?

The filler text is not english since, well, it's just filler text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM
The filler text is not english since, well, it's just filler text.
I see what you're saying, but on 3 out of 4. The Budget template would've been a little more serviceable as a template if it had descriptors like "Electrical", "Gas", and "Water" instead of "Fro riche Romulus" and "Hit watz Ennias že athel." Just my two cents there. At least you guys didn't pull an MS and embed Flight Simulator in the program (..you guys didn't embed Flight Simulator did you?;) )

What? Sorry, I'll have to get back to you. I'm running out of fuel and I'm about to land Top Gun NES style!