The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lacking behind Safari in printing (Leopard)? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I found that most Apple Apps in Leopard have the new print dialogues. I.e. they lack the "Page Setup..." menu item, because that functionality is now part of the collapsable print dialogues in Leopard.

I really, really want those in OmniWeb (and while you're at it in all Omni apps ;-), especially because you can get a preview on spot and printing of background images DOES work in Safari.

Unfortunately it doesn't work in OmniWeb 5.6, even if the option is checked background images won't get printed. I'd be happy to get that fixed very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arglborps View Post
I found that most Apple Apps in Leopard have the new print dialogues. I.e. they lack the "Page Setup..." menu item, because that functionality is now part of the collapsable print dialogues in Leopard.

For the record, there's a rule for this. If the app has a persistent document that you need to format for printing, you have page setup. If on the other hand, the app doesn't deal in documents and each print job is a copy of whatever transient data is displayed at the time, you put the controls in the dialog.

It would be appropriate for OmniWeb to lose Page Setup. I'm just pointing out that it's only for certain types of app.

Amorya