The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OF Dashboard Widget: OmniFidget (Leopard Only) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm running OF 1.5 on OSX 10.5.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
With that in mind, what would everyone like to see in an OF Dashboard Widget?
Pardon my snarkiness, but the first thing I'd like is for it to NOT run in the Dashboard, but instead, be a tiny real app that can live in a corner of my Desktop, or a Konfabulator (now Yahoo Widget Engine) widget.

The second snarky comment is that it should play nice with Tiger.

I have an older PowerBook that runs Tiger, by choice. [I still have quite a few Classic programs I use.] I shut down my Dashboard for some extra speed. I like the idea behind Fidget, but not enough to bother upgrading my entire system.

My non-snarky comment is that whatever platform it runs on, the window should be fairly small and well laid-out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndlesiecki View Post
It seems like the only features OmniFidget needs are:

1. Read potential actions from a perspective. That way you can set up whatever subset of actions you'd like to fidget on.
Right! It needs to query perspectives, not contexts! And it should let me quickly switch between perspectives.

Currently it's pretty useless to me, because I won't change all the contexts when moving from job to home or another place.

Oh, and it should also let me choose the current perspective! That way I could make quick selections for my upcoming tasks.

I seem to be dredging this up from the depths!

Can I assume that this is not supposed to work with Snow Leopard?

I am running OF 1.75 and SL 10.6.2. When I start the widget I get the following error: -

Omnifocus could not be contacted. Perhaps it is not open. I have shut down and restarted OF to no avail.

Works for me. You have to configure it with some of your contexts (and by default it seems to use some that you may not, from the sample database), and I do get the error message you report when I initially install it. But after that, it appears to work as it did the last time I tried it with Leopard.

Sorted. I had missed the i button to turn the widget around.

Thanks a lot and merry xmas

Does the widget still work? I just reinstalled Snow Leopard and downloaded OmniFidget, but it says it can't contact OmniFocus.

Sorry, I believe the original author stopped using it at some point before Snow Leopard shipped. (I'm willing to bet that's one of the reasons it's not linked to on the website any longer.)