The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Google Cal and DueSoon.ics Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Has anybody had any luck subscribing to the DueSoon.ics file in google calendar? Which url are you using?

The reason I ask this is it would (possibly) help my workflow.

At present with the omnifocus iphone app DueSoon.ics is updated when synced with ommnifocus iphone app (and soon desktop omnifocus).

However, am I right to assume that this sync itself isn't enough to be notified of any alerts in the iphone calendar application? You would then need to open the iphone calendar application in order to refresh your newly synced omnifocus events from DueSoon.ics into your OmniFocus Reminder calendar?

If the DueSoon.ics could be subscribed to in Google Calendar these changes would be pushed automatically to the iphone.

I would also like to set 2 alerts for omnifocus events (as you can with ical native events) - perhaps an alert when due soon (not just a badge alert, but pop up on iphone), and when due (which it already has). Google Calendar would also achieve this (albeit the reminders are sent as text messages so again needs a network connection).

I guess most of this would be resolved if Omnifocus could create an actual calendar in ical rather than a subscription. Delicious Library seems to be able to do this for use with it's dvd cataloging software to track loans etc?

I went on a bit there... OmniFocus is the GTD I've settled on using as I prefer it over the many others I've tried, so just like to get my ideas thrown into the mix!