The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Export text without indents? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I export an outline to TextEdit, or Pages, the first line of each item lays out nicely, but following lines from that item are indented. Some sentences have line breaks in the middle. It's weird.

One workaround: if I put my cursor inside an item, and highlight the text of that item I can copy and paste it fine. But when I'm copying items the formatting gets screwed up on paste. Even if I use Paste and Match Style.

In OO Prefs:RTX Export I have no bullets or checkboxes , and 0 inches selected for both "Spacing" choices.

How do I copy a bunch of items from an outline and paste them into an RTF document without having to re-format it?

Could you post a screen shot of the original and exported results please? Thanks!

Sorry - how do I insert a screen shot here?

There's a paperclip button in the top row of the message editor toolbar. That will let you upload a file.

I saw that, but it asks for a URL ... my screenshot is on my hard drive. Not sure how to give that a URL. Sorry.

In theory you should see this.