The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Using Projects as Contexts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi everyone!

I'm just about half-way through David Allen's GTD book so I haven't yet read the second or third parts yet regarding setting up workflow.

That being said I've been using OF for a few weeks and I've discovered that I like using projects as contexts. For instance, I have projects for E-mail, WIKI, Meetings, Follow Up, Reports, etc. When I enter in a task I assign it to a project. I find that using this system I can quickly see what items are due soon and which categories/projects need the most attention. I like looking at the main page and seeing this information (how many items are due or due soon) without having to click into Contexts or Due.

I'm guessing this is not the most efficient use of the software since Contexts were setup for this purpose.

Any thoughts / ideas?