The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lion: small RH oblong box gone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all

This is more a Lion question than OmniF, but as I really only used the feature in OmniF, this is where it bugs me.

Pre Lion there was a small oblong box on the top right-hand of a window. Clicking that hid a lot of buttons so I used it to keep my perspectives as clean as possible. But I also knew that I could very quickly access that row of very useful buttons (e.g. I have buttons there for scripts I use, the sync button, the search box etc).

With Lion the only way I can find to access those buttons is to go to full screen mode (which is slow), click the button I want, and then shrink it down again.

Is there another way ?

Thanks
Kazza

Kazza, that control was removed in Lion as far as I know. If you find a way to bring it back, please post here, as I miss it as well.

(Moving this thread to the Lounge, though - as you noted, it's not really related to any of our products.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
With Lion the only way I can find to access those buttons is to go to full screen mode (which is slow), click the button I want, and then shrink it down again.

Is there another way ?
You bet! You can easily show the window's toolbar by selecting "Show Toolbar" from the View Menu (keyboard shortcut Option-Command-T). Alternatively, you can Right-Click (or Control-Click) on the window's title bar to bring up the title bar's contextual menu, where you can uncheck "Hide Toolbar".

Hope this helps!

Thanks Ken
(and no problems about moving it either, Brian)

Kazza