The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Take Care Using Focus (where's my stuff?!) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All -

This had me really stuck for a day - so I wanted to share it in case any others ever make a similar mistake.

Directly under the Library, I had created Folder A and added a bunch of projects and tasks. Next I went back to the Library and created new folders, projects and associated tasks - various combinations. But these all seemed to simply dissappear. Only stuff added to my original Folder A worked as expected. I checked the various filters and sorts in the view bar. I even made sure to select the default view by clicking the little "x" in the view bar. Still no good.

What I had forgotten was that I had earlier clicked on "Focus" when Folder A was selected - doh!

Note that I personally DO like the focus feature of OF. I'll just need to take a little more care in using it.

So for any who ever had this same issue, be sure to note ...
- If you've got the "Focus" icon in your toolbar, it will read "Show All" when you are currently focused on a subset of your document.
- The title of the OF Window reads OmniFocus if you are viewing your whole document, and it reads "Focusing on Blah" when you are focused on "Blah".

Cheers.