The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Using MailTags with OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to use an Outgoing mail rule to add an action in OF? I want to be able to have a "waiting for reply" action if I send someone a message and use a MailTags keyword of "Waiting for Reply". Does anyone have a script example they would be willing to share?
Thanks
Eric

Here is a link to a good one on the Simplicity Is Bliss website that I use with some modifications.

Perfect!!!
Thank You
Eric

Hmmmmm Is there something I'm doing wrong as its not working for me. I've had a look at the script and I cant see where the main 'subroutine' (I'm not too sure of Apple Script terminology) perform_mail_action gets 'run'/ 'called'.

To test my theory I put in a growl message at the top (just after all the declarations) and it gets displayed correctly but nothing else in the script seems to run.

Is there a trick when creating the rule in Mail to some somehow invoke that routine with the current message ?

Versions:
Mac 10.5.8 (I have SL but I've not yet installed it)
Mail 3.6
Mail Tags 2.2.3
Omnifocus 1.7.5

Any suggestions will be warmly received.