The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Possible to get Perspectives ordered the way they were? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ticket open on this. I put a great deal of time into ordering my Perspectives, but after upgrading to 1.7, they appear alpha sorted.

Bob

If you open the Perspectives window, you can drag them into the order you want. If you have multiple machines, you need to do it on each one. During the sneaky peaks I put in a request to sync the order so you only have to do it on one computer. If you'd like this feature, please file feedback and request it.

Thanks; I am aware that I can manually re-order. The point is I'd spent many hours setting up my numerous perspectives (I realize I have more than most) to just the order I wanted them to appear.

I was one of those who had to open my perspectives from the Finder to get them to show up in 1.7, so if that was the reason for me losing the order I had them in, *and* there is no command to sort them the way I had them, then I'll chalk it up as upgrade scars. But if the normal process of upgrading causes the order of perspectives to switch to an alpha sort, then that needs to be changed.

Bob

I think during the sneaky peaks it reordered them even when it processed the 1.6 perspectives normally. That's when I put the ticket in to sync the order. At least it maintains the order when you quit and restart now so you only have to do it once per machine. I suspect a large percentage of people have updated to 1.7.x so it's almost too late to get the fix out.

I did sample the sneakys, so it sounds like that is likely what happened. Thanks a bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnibob View Post
I did sample the sneakys, so it sounds like that is likely what happened. Thanks a bunch.
I can report that in my case not trying the sneaky peaks, and then upgrading, my perspectives are in 1.6 (non alpha-sorted) order.

- Don