The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Deleting pages from inactive workspaces Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

When Omniweb crashes, I'm fairly able to say from which page the problem comes from. With such a feature, I could shift-start Omniweb, open up the Workspaces window and delete the individual page from the now-inactive workspace. Then, I woul restart (normally) Omniweb and voilą! no more problem.

For now, I have to save all the URI on a particular workspace on the Finder, delete the workspace and load each page at hand (losing any kind of history in the process, which is sometimes important). Granted, I can already move a window (not a page) from one workspace to another, but this is definitely not enough (especially when you have other page in the bugging windows, which is the most common case).

For 5.5.1, with the hanging bug fix?

Have a nice day

(did I say Omniweb is my favorite Mac browser?)

Last edited by David Latapie; 2006-09-11 at 12:38 PM..

Hi David,

I could have sworn OW already did this, but I just tried it and you're right. I too would like to see this implemented.

To be clear--are you wanting to be able to delete individual tabs from a window? or to be able to go back in history on a particular tab?

For the hackers, you can edit the workspace file yourself. You just need to gunzip the file, then use a plist editor (like Property List Editor.app that comes with the developer tools). You can delete history entries, modify the current history index, delete tabs, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
To be clear--are you wanting to be able to delete individual tabs from a window? or to be able to go back in history on a particular tab?.
First one: deleting individual tab. My digression on history was a bit confusing, sorry (and once the problematic tab is out, everything works normally, including saved history).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
For the hackers, you can edit the workspace file yourself. You just need to gunzip the file, then use a plist editor (like Property List Editor.app that comes with the developer tools). You can delete history entries, modify the current history index, delete tabs, etc.
Thanks for this! Until an interface is available, I will use this method.