The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How can I create an outline of a file structure? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Previously I was certain I could create an outline of an existing file structure by dragging and dropping a folder from the Finder into OmniOutliner. I can't seem to get it to work anymore. What am I missing?

Are you sure you aren't thinking of OmniGraffle? If you drag a Finder folder onto the OmniGraffle icon, it will make a diagram of the folder structure...

And you can export from OmniGraffle to OmniOutliner to get the outline in OO format.

Thanks for the tips. I used the OmniGraffle to OmniOutliner approach and it worked perfectly for my needs. For some reason I remembered that I was able to generate this type of outline directly in OmniOutliner. Thanks again.