The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Adding Sub-Context by typing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
(using 1.1 sneakypeak)

I don't know if this is intended behavior, but I am having problems with adding a new sub context by typing it in (and hitting command-enter) in projects view on a task.

Lets say I have a context "People", and I am creating a task that is related to a new person that doesn't have their own sub-context in People yet.

When I type in "People : New Person" and hit command-enter heres what happens:

OF Creates a whole new "People" context and places the "New Person" context under that new one.

So now I have two "People" contexts, with "New Person" under one, and everybody else under the other.

Shouldn't OF just create a new sub-context under the already existing "People" one?

Am I doing something wrong?

It should make it under the old one, you're not doing it wrong, it's just broken. It's a little less broken than it used to be, however :-)

Use the Help->Send Feedback... command in OmniFocus to send them some feedback requesting that this work properly, and perhaps it will get fixed a bit sooner.

Thanks for the reply, feedback sent :)