The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Quick Entry - Feature request Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ah, yes, you're right. Thanks for the clarification. Of course, none of these address the people shaving, applying make-up, eating, handling cigarettes, adjusting the radio, etc. Couldn't they all just be lumped under reckless driving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
California Vehicle Code [VC] §23123.5 prohibits drivers of any age from writing, sending, or reading text-based communication on a device such as a cell phone.
I wonder, does this cover entering an action in OmniFocus for iPhone? Would that be considered a "text-based communication" to myself?

I imagine most judges would consider it the same thing. Still, seems like they could have broadened the wording a bit in light of the iPhone. :-)

-Dennis

Last edited by Toadling; 2009-02-11 at 02:10 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
Ah, yes, you're right. Thanks for the clarification. Of course, none of these address the people shaving, applying make-up, eating, handling cigarettes, adjusting the radio, etc. Couldn't they all just be lumped under reckless driving?
I'm sure you've heard the joke:

I tell you, women drivers are a hazard to traffic. Driving to work this morning on the freeway, I looked over to my left and there was a woman in a red Mustang doing 85 miles per hour with her face up next to her rear view mirror putting on her eyeliner!

I looked away for a couple seconds and when I looked back she was halfway over in my lane.

It scared me so bad I dropped my electric shaver in my coffee, and it spilled all over my cell phone!

Unfortunately, it is not so funny when you have things like this and this happening.

These would be really useful, especially if they were easy to accomplish with one hand while driving. Obviously the audio notes would go to the Inbox for later classification.

The way Note2Self used to work is what I've found the best model (unfortunately that app has gotten worse as they keep developing). Start Note2Self, which is easy if it's in the taskbar or whatever that's called, bring the phone up to year ear, the phone vibrates to let you know that it started recording, make your note, bring the phone down, the phone vibrates again to let you know it stopped recording, and then the note is saved and emailed. The vibration is essential because it provides confirmation that the app is doing what you want without having to look at it. It could be an audio tone also/instead, the key point is that you don't have to use your eyeballs to get the confirmation.

Audio notes also work when your hands are too full to tap a message on the keyboard, and just have a thumb available to tap an icon.

Last edited by juliang; 2009-02-16 at 11:29 AM..