The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Change action to project possible Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

pardon if that has been answered somewhere else but I couldn't find it:

Often, I note a single action and later on it turns out that this isn't really one but should be changed to a project.

Is that possible? Any keyboard shortcut?

Thanks!

FJK

Just add your additional actions below it and then drag the actions into the higher level action to create the group.

You can do it with a keyboard shortcut CMD [ and CMD ] to promote and demote an action.

Action
Action 1
Action 2
Action 3

Highlight Action 1 and CMD ] to make it a sub action of Action.
do the same on Action 2 and 3

this will then give you

Action
-- Action 1
-- Action 2
-- Action 3

You can turn a (top-level) action into a project by doing CMD-[. The only issue with that is that it ends up at the top of the hierarchy in the left pane.

Switch to that with CMD-4, scroll to the top with up arrow, then move the thing down and up with Ctrl-CMD-down/-up, and indent/outdent with CMD-]/-[ until you are the right spot.

I've submitted a comment that you would expect the promoted action to end up somewhere near the project it was in. Not that that is going to help of course.

Thanks for the clarification and the keyboard advice.

For those with a German keyboard w/o printed square brackets like me:

Instead of CMD+[ you have to type CMD+ALT+5. Works like a charm!