The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnigraffle and Subversion Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to include an Omnigraffle file in a version controlled projected using Subversion (SVN).

Omnigraffle saves its files as packages, which are basically directories to SVN. I saw found on a blog somewhere that there is a 'secret' default that can be set to force Omnigraffle to always save as a file:

HTML Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniGrafflePro PrivateGraffleFlatFile 0
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniGraffle PrivateGraffleFlatFile 0
(pro or not pro as appropriate I am told)

However, this did not work for me - OG continues to save my file as a package. Two questions:
  1. Is there a default that can be set to force saving as a file?
  2. As a future feature, would it be possible to allow version control files to be in the package and not be deleted automatically when OG saves?

You can force OmniGraffle to save as a flat file on a file-by-file basis with the Document inspector. My guess is that the option you mentioned doesn't override what is already taking place with an existing file, but would work if you created a new file after setting it.

This is a general issue relating to package files and SVN, not restricted to Omnigraffle, to get around it i use a template as the basis for all my docs that has flat file set.