The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > AppleScripting Omni Apps
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fetching all OmniPlan tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm trying to extract all the tasks from an OmniPlan document and I'm adapting one of Rob Trew's scripts to send OP tasks to OF so that it creates a TaskPaper document instead. It's working, but currently the script is only sending the selected tasks:

Code:
tell window 1
    set lstOPTasks to selected tasks of it
end tell
And I want to send the whole document without having to select, using something like:

Code:
tell document 1 of it
    set lstOPTasks to task of it
end tell
Unfortunately the second form seems seems to have done a recursive descent of all tasks to populate the list, while leaving the descendants of each task intact. Consequently I see every task twice.

It there a way to get hold of some phantom root task or just the top level tasks?

Thanks

(have pity: I only opened "Learn AppleScript" on Friday)