The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iOS Auto-sync when entering/exiting location Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Instapaper just came out with a feature that allows a background sync to occur when exiting and/or entering various locations. This is a no-brainer feature for Omnifocus (and would be much more useful for Omnifocus than Instapaper)!

I think so too. Is there any chance of this being added?

WooHoo sounds cool!

We've got a feature request open on this, and from my last discussion with some of the engineers, we can't think of a reason why OmniFocus wouldn't be able to do this someday.

I can't give you any sort of timeline when we might have room for this on our development schedule, but I'll attach your posts here to that item in our development database so the rest of the team knows you want it. Items with more customers attached tend to happen sooner, all other things being equal.

Thanks, everyone!

Come on guys...this would be really useful and I know your customers want to see a bit more in terms of feature development across your entire product line.

Location-based sync is one of Instapaper's great features, and would also be a great addition to Omnifocus. Having my to-do list automatically sync as I enter and leave different locations would be a nice time-saving convenience.