The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Importing images through mail rule? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I love being able to email tasks to OmniFocus. But I wish I could attach images to my emails, and have those images be attached to the resulting OF tasks. Am I missing a way of doing this? If not, and any OmniGroup representatives are reading, is such a feature planned? Thanks!

I take that as a no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessebaer View Post
I take that as a no?
Really all you should take it as is that no one has replied. If you want a response from Omni, or to make a feature request, you should use Help->Send Feedback to send them a message; there's no guarantee that anyone there will read any particular forum post, but someone does read the email.

I'm not aware of any method to easily do what you want. Are you mailing the images from another machine? If they are coming from the local machine, you might use the clipping mechanism instead of mailing them.

Like Bill mentioned, we read the forums as we're able, but you're always guaranteed a response if you send email to the support ninjas.

The mail importer is based on Applescript, and is intended to handle attachments, but there are some conditions. The email must be sent as plain text, not HTML mail or some other text encoding which AppleScript can't process as well. (In other words, the app used to send the message can affect whether the info makes it to OmniFocus.)

I also heard some of the support ninjas discussing the possibility that the Snow Leopard version of Mail (unlike earlier versions) may not be including attachment information in the results that the script send back. I don't have more specifics than that, but if you send email and let them know what version(s) of Mac OS X your Mac(s) have installed, the folks that respond will have more info.