The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Should contexts be syncing with tasks? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Shouldn't contexts be syncing with tasks. Projects are there but they are kind of card to read in brackers. But I lose all the contexts when they sync. Am I missing a switch somewhere?

In OmniFocus' preferences, you can tell OmniFocus to send actions from a given context to a particular calendar in iCal. By mapping your contexts to different calendars, you can keep track of them that way.

(iCal requires every to-do item to belong to a calendar. Since contexts tend to stick around longer than projects, we tried to save you from having to set up the project <--> calendar relationship over and over again.)

Got it and found it. Thanks Brian. Makes sense.

Could someone explain or give an example as to why I would need to assign contexts to a calendar when syncing with ICal. I have just a few contexts which I use across all my projects such as Home, Internet, EMail etc. If a context can be used across all projects (and calendars), why would I need to assign a context to one specific calendar?

Thanks.

I moved your post to a thread which contains the info you're looking for. :-)