The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnigraffle "syncing" with Omnioutliner? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am looking for a way of graphically represent the information structure of documents - typically project plans but also technical information/inventory - created in Merlin 2 or Omnioutliner. I have used mind mapping software for that purpose, but I realise I could need a much more flexible layout tool that allows for template objects to have a unique ID, but also being movable parts of an outline. I have understood Omnigraffle has an outline view that can export and even import from Omnioutliner. My questions are the following:

1. Can I have an Oo-document with an identical outline structure as an OG-doc, but with several additional columns in Oo? (Typically product information, prices, assigned resources, etc. If the graphical object in OG could be a picture attachment in an Oo row, it would be marvellous.

2. Can I sync changes in the outline structure both ways somehow?

3. Can I change the outline structure in an OG doc WITHOUT visually change anything (spacing, visual layout, etc.) ?

3. Does OG support a library of custom object templates?

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Arild; 2010-11-19 at 02:59 AM..