The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Who uses Omnifocus for iPad as ONLY task/mgr? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedallen View Post
I've not gotten to a system that I really am comfortable with yet, but at least at present, I have folders in Outlook set up as @actioning, @waiting and @Project Info. I will move emails that I need to take action on into the @actioning folder, etc.

Then I will manually enter an action into the inbox on OF on my iPad. It isn't perfect, but so far it works. I have a step in my weekly review to review the emails that I've assigned to the folders and then process them into the appropriate projects on the iPad.
+1.
I use a very similar system; my folders are : @Action, @Read&Review, @Reference, @WaitingFor.

These are set up with macro code linked to keyboard shortcut keys (Alt+1, Alt+2 etc). I then process emails in my inbox using the preview pane. I still action emails that can be done in a couple of minutes, however it helps sort the wheat/chaff very quickly..

Then when I process the action emails, I have my iPad sit next to my desktop keyboard - @action folder open on windoze screen, and typing into the iPad OF the appropriate tasks..

My ideal scenario would be an ability to import tasks from outlook into OF automatically (Even better if it synced!).. :)