The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Besides OF, How Else Do You Implement GTD on Your Mac? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I love OF, been using it for 2 months now. Bit by bit i've tweaked around some aspects to obviously get more done throughout my days.

I've included photos, mainly to show that i've created a folder with reoccuring projects such as laundry, cleaning the house, washing the car, etc. Also photos of the perspectives i've created. Easy views that show what NA's are available, what's recently been completed to see how much I have or haven't been slacking off and a "Today!" perspective which shows only my flagged items so I can just focus on those for the day.

But I don't think everyone lives just inside OF.

This is why I'm asking this question and am furthering my understand of how to not be lethargic. See, on some days i'll be kicking ass completing NA's left and right. While other days i'll complete no more than 3. Sure those 3 NA's moved a project forward but deep inside I know I slacked off a bit.

Aside from that, I've been mentally struggling when on my Mac. See, I thought about adding like a "Tickler File" folder on my dock. The reason, or thought behind this was a sort of Action Support folder that would house an alias folder of something i'm currently working on. The reason it's an iPod Touch icon is only cause I plan on getting a touch soon; to get the OF app.

But this isn't really working. I feel like something is missing outside of OF in order for me to easily tackle my NA's during my day. But then again, I could easily just be micro managing, looking for small little things like this to subconsciously prevent me from doing work.

I need to up the productivity. Lately it feel i'm not getting much done.

Your thoughts, suggestions, advice, tips are all appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.jpg
Views:	838
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	949   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.jpg
Views:	737
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	950   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 3.jpg
Views:	697