The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New OmniWeb Product Icon Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
We tried centering the Pacific, but then you see hardly any land except Hawaii--the Pacific is just too big.

We did at one point consider using the time zone setting on your computer (including city location) to orient the globe and render it on the fly... (the artists weren't too happy with that idea since they like to tweak the pixels afterwards)
Just to clarify, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was upset it was Atlantic-centric, just that no matter what part of the globe it focuses on, the majority of the globe will be barely visible or not visible at all.

The rotating globe idea sounds interesting, but I don't know how much works it takes.