The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Due Soon doesn't show anything Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniFocus 1.5 (v77.21.0.114082) built 2009-06-12
iPhone 3G 16GB

No matter what setting I select on my iPhone (e.g. 24 hours or one week) the "Due Soon" screen does not show any item at all.

OmniFocus on my Mac displays Due items properly but the same items are not displayed on my iPhone.

Carlos, if you open up the settings screen in the iPhone app, what is selected underneath "In Contexts, show:"?

If you try setting that to "Remaining", does the view on the phone more closely resemble what you're seeing on your Mac?

Is it possible that your 'due soon' items are not yet available and that you have the app configured to not show actions that are not yet available?

If you change the app settings to show 'remaining' actions instead of 'available' actions, do they then show up?

cheers,
mick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickh View Post
Is it possible that your 'due soon' items are not yet available and that you have the app configured to not show actions that are not yet available?

If you change the app settings to show 'remaining' actions instead of 'available' actions, do they then show up?

cheers,
mick
I'm having the same issue. Omnifocus for the Mac show the due soon but not on the iPhone. I changed the app settings for projects to show all and to show remaining contexts.

It shows the orange badge when I go to contexts but there is nothing inside of due soon. It also shows that I have 1 errand whenI have none.

Edit: I've tried resetting the sync on both the iPhone and the Mac and there is still no change.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by str1f3; 2009-07-18 at 09:41 AM..

Hey!
Bought the iPhone app yesterday and I'm very happy with it so far!

..But same problem here! Altough I have two "due soon" tasks running, the "due soon" screen doesn't show any of them!

Also, the OmniFocus Icon on the springboard does not show any badge!

I would be very grateful for any advise!!

cheers, chris

For all of you having "due soon" items that aren't appearing in the Due Soon smart folder on the iPhone: what do you see if you instead view those actions by going through the Projects smart folder and looking at All Actions, or just the actions for the particular project(s)? Are these missing "due soon" items in sequential or parallel projects?

Same problem here.

The Due Soon smart folder shows the items in my Inbox but does not show any tasks from any other Project. I can see the highlighted deadline information rigth under the entry if I go through the Projects folder.

For the sake of doing a controlled experiment I tried sequential, parallel and single action project types but no luck.

This is a pretty serious problem and I hope it will be resolved soon.

I use the Due Soon view on my iPod many times a day, and it always shows me what I expect to see when I look at the corresponding view on the desktop. Desktop view that matches is Context mode, Ungrouped, Sort by Due, Due Soon, Any Duration, Any Flag. There is one important difference, which is the desktop will show items which are Due Soon but are not yet available (because of a future start date), and the iPhone will not. On the desktop, those items will be styled gray by the default settings, vs. the orange for a Due Soon item which is available. Also, the desktop won't show Inbox items in the context view, but the iPhone version will show them in the Due Soon view.

If you are having this problem and you view your missing items in the same desktop view I described above, how do they appear? Are they gray or orange (assuming you have the default styling)? So far, everything that has been reported could potentially be explained by expected behavior of the program; not enough information has been presented to categorically rule that out.

I think I found the reason.

If a task has the same start and due date it'll not be displayed in Due Soon (iPhone) though it is displayed in the desktop version.

Changed the start date for all my tasks made Due Soon works.

The problem that I see is the different approaches iPhone and Desktop have. If Desktop for some reason shows Due Soon items the iPhone should display them too no matter what the start date is (and vice-versa).

Both programs should work as one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
If a task has the same start and due date it'll not be displayed in Due Soon (iPhone) though it is displayed in the desktop version.
A task with identical start and due dates won't be displayed in Due Soon on the iPhone because either it hasn't started yet (start date in the future) or it is no longer due soon (start/due date in the past). The Due Soon smart folder only shows actions which have started and are not yet overdue. The desktop version shows a more expansive interpretation of Due Soon, including those items which are overdue, and those which are Due Soon but not yet started, possibly because it has the luxury of much more screen real estate. Arguments can be made for either choice on the matter of whether or not Due Soon items which haven't been started should be shown; when this came up in the past, there were some people who felt strongly that the desktop should operate like the iPhone does now, and others who felt it should work as it does.

Setting the start date and due date of a given task to be identical doesn't make any sense to me. Why would you want to do this, or was it unintentional?