The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Different Colors for Numbers Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey, I enjoy OO4 pretty much, but there are some things missing before its perfect.

If I select a Column and assign it to Numbers - Summary Total I can't change the color for several items. I tried it with named styles, but the color stays black. If I use only Numbers I can assign a different color but it changes back to black when i tab out of the column. Is there a solution?

Also it would be awesome if there is an option to turn off the gray background in Summary Totals.

I am using OO4 for production planning, I assign Level 1 per production week, where I need the total amount of money in a week, that's working just fine. Level 2 is assigned to production per customer, and Level 3 is used if a customer orders more than one product. Per Customer I need just the sum per order not per product. If one orders just one product it's no problem, but if one orders more than one product I got double numbers in my plan because I need to write the amount in level 3 and it is also shown in level 2. If it's possible to use white as text color just in level 3 and the Numbers column it would be not an ideal solution but better than nothing. Or is there a better solution? If I don't indent to Level 3 i can't collapse the orders which I don't need all the time.

Last question: Why did you remove the option: Don't print row handles in OO4? Now every time you print a PDF you need to turn row handles off If you don't need them on paper, but always on screen.

Does nobody got some kind of solution?

Next Issue: Checkboxes

Level 2 rows have Checboxes. The indented children in Level 3 rows are set to "Set Status - None". Now I can't mark the checkbox in Level 2 as done. WHY? If I set the Status in Level 3 as unchecked I can check Level 2 as done.

I don't need checkboxes in Level 3 so I want to disable them.

I'm not talking about Checkbox-Column Feature.

What can I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laune View Post
Next Issue: Checkboxes

Level 2 rows have Checboxes. The indented children in Level 3 rows are set to "Set Status - None". Now I can't mark the checkbox in Level 2 as done. WHY? If I set the Status in Level 3 as unchecked I can check Level 2 as done.
Seems like a bug in OO, that is still present in OO 4.0.3. Did you report it via OO
's Help → Contact Omni item?